Saturday, August 2, 2014

friends, jesus tunes and a whole lot of thankfulness



This post will be a little shorter than my other ones, but it just has to be shared with you all. One of my wonderful, inspiring, and hilarious friends and I share the same love for contemporary Christian music. I bet you almost everyday one of us gets a text from another saying "Oh my, check this song out. It's fab." It's simply awesome. I could write an entire blog post about how thankful I am for the friends I've made so far that I will be going to Concordia with. I totally will in the future. If they are reading this right now, (you know who you are).....I. LOVE. YOU! :)

But I'm off topic...again. My amazing friend sent these two songs to me and for the past couple of days, I've been listening to them constantly. I've just been soaking up the lyrics and crying them out to God.

I linked the songs and their lyrics below. Try to find some time this weekend to listen to them and thank God for all He has done.

One last thing... I really can't thank all of you enough for reading this. It means a lot to me. I'd love love love to hear your feedback. I've made the comments in a way so anyone can comment. It's anonymous, so you don't have to have a Google+ account to comment. If you feel comfortable telling me your name, comment and sign it below! I'd love to hear your ideas of what I should write about next, or if you're going through something and want me to write about it, I'd love to help you out.

Thank you again and enjoy the songs!
God Bless You,

Liz :)


Running In Circles (feat. Will Reagan)
By: United Pursuit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVRP07WOAg

Stray
By: The Assemblie
Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFEO5scrFfE
Lyrics:

You've seen me at my worst 
When I thought all hope was lost
You've seen at my best
And still I've fallen short
What You see of worth in me
I will never know
I'll never know

I'm so thankful
That new mercies rise with the morning sun
I'm so thankful
That You've never given up on me
Please draw near
You know my heart it tends to stray
It tends to stray

Mystery of all mysteries
What You've done in my heart
Once stained by sin and shame
You've restored innocence
Why I have this second chance
I will never know
I'll never know

You must be greater
I must be less
You can take this mess
And make it beautiful
Make it new

Let this be my crossroads
Where faith and action meet
Where looking back at my past will prove
You are faithful God
And if I've learned one thing
I know that You are good
Yes, You are good

No comments:

Post a Comment